Wednesday, November 30, 2005

By way of an introduction...

Faithful Reader;

My Time With Simon was an idea for a novel spawned primarily the evening before I was set to start NaNoWriMo 2005, which stands for National Novel Writing Month. The goal is the write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November ... just 30 days. I had been planning a completely different story that I have been working out for a number of years, but this idea was too compelling to ignore, even though I had no idea where it was going from one moment to the next.

And so I wrote and wrote. And then I wrote some more. And then, at just after 1.00am on November 30th I added the final two words -- 'the end' -- to my first novel, and clocked in just a shade over 50,000 words. But more importantly I had told the entire story.

The book has now been taken down from this site and will not be reposted until it has been edited and revised, at which point I hope to be able to announce a book release. I may be willing to provide a digital copy for your personal reading pleasure. If you would like one, please email me directly and I will see what I can do.

Please check back regularly for progress updates on the revision process and any developments related to publication dates.

My thanks to everyone for their support this month, especially Nuala who was a great support, especially during the final days.

Click here to read an excerpt...

pk

1 Comments:

Blogger Pamalama said...

I enjoyed the excerpt! I will definitely want to read the book. Very admirable what you did!!

I have series dictated on tape from oh, 10 yrs ago??? ha! I'm working on now that is on the computer so no excuses!!!

How do I mark your site to check out the Friday post? I am new to blogger & can't figure it out. With Xanga, there is a subscribe button.

Thanks,
Pam

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home